Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Venting On My Soap Box



This is not really surprising to me...it is sad, but not surprising.

The good thing about it is that some children are noticing change, which must mean that our world is changing. But at the same time...I noticed that it was the older children who tended not to see the differences. I am willing to hypothesize that they learn that it is the right thing to say. And those younger children who recognized that a particular skin color is superior...they're responses more so represent what society is because they are completely unbiased. Children are exposed to life and make their decision on what skin is more beneficial to have, but then the further they are pushed into adulthood, the more people are taught to believe everything is equal. MLK is used as a tool to teach children everything is alright and as one of my previous articles mention everything is not okay. To feel this way influences people to ignore what is going on in our world...addressing problems with fear is better than convincing yourself that there is not a problem that needs to be addressed.

Ok...I think I've said what I had to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment